Monday, November 10, 2008

Where it all begins

It all starts in a room in the Pittsburgh Chess Club with a dream and some snacks. See, that's what they call me - 'snacks.' I am not a great player, but like all not-great players, I feel I am underrated. I love the game but sometimes get bored playing it, and because of this I put extra pressures upon myself. Like playing a 50+ move game 120 in 15 minutes. Or sacrificing just because it looks fun. Whatever the case may be, I am going to the Kings Island Open this week, and I am pumped - I have never seen GMs playing GMs before. Plus I can have my game analyzed for free by GM Arthur Bisguier! I am such a noob. It is my goal to win my section, but who knows what will happen. All I know is I am ready to adventure into the world of competitive chess and root around.

2 comments:

finn said...

hi greg,

great site..read it all. I would be interesting to see your highlights on the board....like your pawn grabbing and fork from the first round.

finn

David Milliern said...

Dear Snax,

When it comes to snap-diggities, I think you have to give the people what they want. Let us see that daring pawn sac! Make us say, "Was that Col. Sanders? Because I know that was a six piece combo!"

D.W. Milliern